Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Saguaro Blossom Drawing Lesson



I love working with Prismacolor colored pencils on colored paper. I usually use card stock, but with scrapbooks being so popular, there are so many wonderful papers to choose from! Simply using any background color other than white works like magic. For my last Wednesday class of the semester, I decided to send the students off searching the tops of the saguaros for flowers and the evening skies for bats! At the beginning of class I showed the book Cactus Cafe by Kathleen Weidner Zoehfeld, illustrated by Paul Mirocha. Here is my example and a student example. Today's class added treasure caves and skeletons to the background. Lessons include perspective, horizon line, use of dark and light colors (green)...

No comments:

Post a Comment