Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Monday, January 4, 2010

Georgia O'Keeffe Lesson Plan






When I was young, Georgia O'Keeffe was one of may favorite artists. Today we looked at pictures in a book full of O'Keeffe's paintings. It was fun to hear all the different ideas about what the paintings might be about. Then I gave each student a view finder that I had cut out of card stock. The students looked through a stack of pictures of flowers and desert landscapes. I had each student choose a picture and use their view finder to frame the section that they wanted to paint. We used Dick Blick student canvas panels (less than $1 each!) and acrylic paint. Next time I would do a few demonstration sketches. I would show students how to match the image in the view finder to the dimensions of the canvas. Still, I think they did a great job. It would also be fun to do a few giant sketches with poster board.

No comments:

Post a Comment