Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Fimo or Sculpey Tissue Paper Effect

You can make very realistic-looking tissue paper or cloth with polymer clay by simply pinching it very thin little by little. I like to try and see how thin I can make it. The nice thing about a tissue paper effect is that it doesn't matter if the clay tears (which it tends to do when it's so thin).




To make this package, I started by forming the clay into a cube. I didn't make the cube hollow. I just made and indentation with the end of a paintbrush. I also didn't make the whole puppy. Just the part you can see! To make the paws I pressed a few lines in the clay with a toothpick. The beautiful star pattern for the wrapping paper was made with star glitter. Confetti and glitter are great additions to clay projects. Just make sure you press them in firmly. I also made a cute little top to the box with a simple square and clay ribbon.

Check out my polymer clay project tutorials on etsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment