Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

How to Draw Sea Turtles


This Sea Turtle was drawn with pen and ink (fine point sharpie) on watercolor paper and then painted with watercolor. The students can practice making patterns and textures with the black lines.


I love Sea Turtles! This morning I had a class of four-year-olds and they were able to manage the basic outline. This is a great project for smearing oil pastels. The oil pastels are applied thickly in stripes. Then we use a pencil eraser to blend the stripes perpendicularly. Let me know if you want me to post pictures of the process. The top one is by Cyan, the bottom one is by Becca.

No comments:

Post a Comment