Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Market Day

I've made it to Oaxaca, and it is even more beautiful than I remember. The little apartment on "campus" where I'm staying is so peaceful and simple. So much nicer than my crazy messy room back home. Life in general seems so peaceful. Probably only because I'm just visiting. There are no demands on my time. I can sit here as the breeze blows through the screen door, and create to my heart's content. This morning I met some of the kids I will be teaching. They are playing right outside the door.

We also went to the Sunday market where I bought a new apron and some oil cloths to keep the tables nice while the students are working with clay. I absolutely LOVE the market. Beautiful light and color and faces everywhere. If only I wasn't such a reticent photographer.


No comments:

Post a Comment