Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Friday, December 3, 2010

Design Your Own Snowflake: Printable Template

For a simpler printout, go to my post about intricate snowflakes.



I've spent the day designing snowflakes for a papercraft project that I have in mind.  These circles were a great starting point.  I printed off the template at a very low density, and then drew my snowflake designs with darker lines over the top.  Eventually I will trace these lines with a thin sharpie, and erase the lines I don't want.  If you don't want to deal with the extra lines, just place this print out under the paper on a light box or window.  I'm sure there's a much easier way to do this on the computer.  I'm certainly open to ideas, but for now, this has worked really well for me.  I could spend hours making up new intricate patterns!  For inspiration, I've been looking at photographs of real snowflakes!  For a simpler print out and ideas, see my earlier post about drawing intricate snowflakes.

This lesson goes very well with one of my favorite seasonal crafts. Snowflake ornaments!

No comments:

Post a Comment