Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Miniature fairy table setting with lace table cloth out of fimo polymer clay


Several years ago, I started teaching polymer clay classes. I never imagined I would be able to do something I love so much as a job! My delight was increased ten fold when my mom brought out some projects I had made in middle and high school. I had completely forgotten about them! Working with clay was my favorite pastime when I was younger.

This piece was my masterpiece.
*I made the wood to look real, and then carved a pattern in it.
*The leaves and lace were made with meticulous care. I would probably try to find an easier technique if I were to try this again. Since then I've discovered this simple and gorgeous leaf technique. And this technique for lace canes.
*I used gold powder, glitter, and glaze to add special effects.

No comments:

Post a Comment