Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Saturday, December 19, 2009

Polymer clay Fimo Snow Globes





My last Christmas workshop yesterday was perfect. Nine children came and I was very impressed by their creativity! My last task for the year was to assemble my student's snow globes. It was a lot of work. I hope my students were half as excited about them as I was. Sometimes though, I wonder what I've gotten myself into! There are lots of great lessons out there to tell you how to make snow globes with baby food jars. However, I had always wanted to find "real" snow globes. I finally found the kits at National Artcraft. They come in several different sizes, and you can even add a musical component! I didn't use the rubber seal they provide because it was simply too hard to work with. I just made a base out of fimo and glued the student's projects with silicone glue (found at hardware stores, not craft stores). Supper-fine glitter works beautifully.

1 comment:

  1. https://www.globalreachceramic.com/page/item/product.html

    we can make ceramic snow globe

    ReplyDelete