Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cube Books!


I've spent the afternoon trying to organize some of my reference materials. I try to collect all the images I can. Calendars are GREAT! I also use old magazines and even catalogs. I've found some great books for under a dollar at local thrift stores. Often these are the gift or coffee table books that are full of beautiful photos. Some of the books are in poor enough condition that I don't feel bad cutting them up for collage.

One day I was in Bookmans and I found a "Cube Book" entitled FLOWERS. I was thrilled! Every page has a beautiful photograph! I started to wonder if there were more Cube Books so I decided to check on Amazon. These are amazing! I have all the pictures I could possibly want. I can't wait to get them all! A few of them aren't quite what I expected, for example, the HORSE book has mostly working horses rather than as many of the idyllic images children like to draw.

The pictures I used for the Georgia O'Keeffe lesson came from a Flowers Cube Book.

No comments:

Post a Comment