Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

How to form a polymer clay square cube or rectangular block for cane work without a pasta machine or extruder

Yesterday I posted about how to make a heart shape.



This is how I form a rectangular block.  I've seen it done with layers from a pasta machine, but sometimes I don't feel like getting mine out and cleaning it up afterward.  You might look at this and think, sure, that works if you can roll out clay in even tubes!  Not always an easy task.  However, the slight irregularities in the rolls of clay are averaged out when you stack them up like this.  This works with as few as four tubes, but the more you make, the firmer it will seem.

Also see quilt blocks.
Find more tutorials, supplies, and project ideas at my etsy shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment