Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Trip to Mexico!

Soon, a dream I've had for a long time will come true! I was born in Mexico and spend many wonderful summer with my family there. However, I haven't been back in almost ten years. You can see some of my paintings of Mexico on my art blog. On Saturday I will be flying down to Oaxaca, Mexico to spend almost two weeks where we used to live! I'm planning on taking zillions of pictures of course! My mom and dad are already there. My mom is in the middle of teaching two weeks of drawing to her colleague's home-schooled children. I'll be teaching fimo classes for the last week. I'm so excited, if you can't tell!

I'm sure I'll be heartbroken to discover many changes to the beloved landscape. However, one thing that has not changed, is that certain art supplies are still inaccessible where these families live. You can read about how I learned about fimo in my post about the fimo penguins. Those of us who can access fimo and sculpy should be very grateful! I'll be bringing as much clay with me as I can.

I won't be bringing any fimo books down however, so in the coming days I hope to post a lot of fimo how-to articles for those of you who would like some extra ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment