Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Free butterfly wing cane tutorial polymer clay

If you like this post, please subscribe to the Cane Builder Ezine!
This is one way to make a butterfly wing cane!  I love these canes because I get to use up my mixed-up clay.  It's always a stunning surprise to see what patterns are revealed in the wings!  Of course you could make a whole butterfly cane by packing clay around the wings.

Be sure to check out all of my free, single-page tutorials!
These more complex wings were made with my gemstone cane tutorial.


If you'd like to try another beginner cane, this may even be easier!  These canes are like tessellations or kaleidoscopes!   






4 comments:

  1. this is so cool. i have a necklace pendant that was made similarly and i just find it so fascinating. the necklace i have has a little turtle shape in the middle of it, it's so tiny and cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i just subscribed a few minutes ago...how will I know when I can get the cane tutorials...am so excited I want to start right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just bought one of your cane tutorials on Etsy. Great price and very easy to follow! Thanks!!! You're a wonderful clay artist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice tutorial. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete