Cane Builder Monthly Publication

Every day I'm coming up with new cane patterns and canework innovations. Take an exclusive look at all the innovations coming out of Polymer Clay Workshop before they can be found anywhere else! $5 per month through Paypal. Cancel any time.

Friday, January 4, 2013

Faceted Geo beads polymer clay tutorial

I've seen some great faceted bead out of polymer clay, but but all of them are solid color.  Here is a tutorial, in both single-page and video format, that shows how to make a geo bead in an ombre or marbled pattern.  Be sure to check out all of my single-page tutorials where you will find a page on how to blend clay.
Since it's the new year, I've been trying to go through old canes and use up mixed clay.  I found this process so mesmerizing!  I never get tired of slicing into a ball of swirled clay.  I love slicing the clay into cubes or geometric shapes, because the corners are so sharp and the sides are so clean.  You can poke a hole with a needle before it's baked, or drill a hole afterward.





No comments:

Post a Comment